Ad Astra

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Space Iteration

4 posters

What Year Are We In?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

What Year Are We In? Empty What Year Are We In?

Post  Admin Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:20 pm

First game: 2580, 152 years after the most recent BoH game.
    MinPauvre
    MinPauvre

What Year Are We In? Empty Re: What Year Are We In?

Post  MinPauvre Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Timeline of major historical events. I cleaned this up but left the old character's birth years just to give some perspective for a bit. You can parse into new timeline. Please use the darned thing for those of us who are slightly more ...organized... Wink

2100 - Jonas Isley announces his new space fleet

2186 - Ghost Nebula found

2383 - Cotton Parr is born.

2393 - Nova Hazard is born

2404- Sadie Hart born

2414 Avery Crane promoted to Captain, given the Valdosta.

2416 - Galactic War breaks out.

2417 - Nine years ago – Galactic Campaign ends; GAF and the Global Administration form.

2418 - Avery Crane court-martialed, loses the Valdosta

2426 - The Valdosta goes to examine the anomaly in the carina arm of the galaxy, and returns later that year, discovering the gate to the andromeda galaxy

2428 - The Valdosta and crew lead the Templar fleet back to the Carina arm and to Andromeda, combating the Crimson. Most of the fleet is destroyed or lost.
    - Orion Hazard is born.
    - The crimson are engaged in the Andromeda Galaxy and the crew is nearly lost. The ship itself is taken.

2429 - The Valdosta is recovered and returns triumphant, landing in San Francisco. End of official Breezes of heaven Chronicle.

2515 - The Far-Gone - a generation ship with a similar mission to the Icarus - is launched.

2535 - Scientists aboard the Far-Gone realize the mission cannot succeed.

2553 - Min is born aboard the Far-Gone

2563 - Min, age 10, is discovered, the only survivor of the Far-Gone, by Baxter as he joy rides in his parent's yacht.

2578 - Min graduates from medical school with honors, is hired by Dreamflight and begins work in Marapala as a general practitioner.

2580 - Start of As Astra Chronicle
    Pendragon
    Pendragon

Post  Pendragon Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:10 am

Updated Timeline with Archer's stuff.

2100 - Jonas Isley announces his new space fleet

2186 - Ghost Nebula found

2383 - Cotton Parr is born.

2393 - Nova Hazard is born

2404- Sadie Hart born

2414 Avery Crane promoted to Captain, given the Valdosta.

2416 - Galactic War breaks out.

2417 - Nine years ago – Galactic Campaign ends; GAF and the Global Administration form.

2418 - Avery Crane court-martialed, loses the Valdosta

2426 - The Valdosta goes to examine the anomaly in the carina arm of the galaxy, and returns later that year, discovering the gate to the andromeda galaxy

2428 - The Valdosta and crew lead the Templar fleet back to the Carina arm and to Andromeda, combating the Crimson. Most of the fleet is destroyed or lost.
    - Orion Hazard is born.
    - The crimson are engaged in the Andromeda Galaxy and the crew is nearly lost. The ship itself is taken.

2429 - The Valdosta is recovered and returns triumphant, landing in San Francisco. End of official Breezes of heaven Chronicle.

2515 - The Far-Gone - a generation ship with a similar mission to the Icarus - is launched.

2535 - Scientists aboard the Far-Gone realize the mission cannot succeed. Cain Archer is born on Minos IV.

2553 - Min is born aboard the Far-Gone. Archer starts taking odd jobs piloting ships around the spaceport at Minos IV.

2555 - Beginning of Archer's Career at Patholux (Age 20)

2556 - Archer is assigned as Bo'sun aboard the Paradiso

2560 - Arhcer is promoted to Captain, transferred to the Firelight

2563 - Min, age 10, is discovered, the only survivor of the Far-Gone, by Baxter as he joy rides in his parent's yacht.

2565 - End of Archer's Career at Patholux (age 30)

2566 - Archer signs on board a deep space freighter as crew, named the Dire Wolf.

2570 - Archer leaves the Dire Wolf, landing in Boston, MA on Terra. Spends ten years working odd jobs trying to find some way of getting back into space.

2578 - Min graduates from medical school with honors, is hired by Dreamflight and begins work in Marapala as a general practitioner.

2580 - Start of As Astra Chronicle
    Aidan_Cleary
    Aidan_Cleary

Post  Aidan_Cleary Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:59 pm

I have a suggestion, gang.

Since we can only edit our own posts I think this thread is going to get quite large if we keep going in one by one and just adding our stuff and copying the whole timeline again.

I suggest that instead of doing that we simply add in important dates for our character and Lana will then go in and edit her original post with the updated timeline. That way the current "official timeline" will be the one in Lana's post right after Haley's initial post telling us the year.

Lana - Are you cool with that idea? You generally update the timeline anyway. This way everything goes in one place and it will be a quick reference for us. If something new comes up we can simply add a reply and say "Please add X, Y, Z" and then you can update your post.

Since Haley is admin she can edit whatever posts she wants so she can just go in and edit the same post if she needs to add anything to the timline from the ST side of the house.

Thoughts?

PS - I am totally fine with being the timeline guy if Lana doesn't want the gig. I just think having one timeline that all of us can find quickly would help us keep track of things.
    MinPauvre
    MinPauvre

Post  MinPauvre Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:13 pm

Perfectly fine with that. Jake and I are out rig ht now but ill edit the timeline tonight and have haley remove jakes to avoid clutter. If people want dates added just post them here or mail to me and I can edit them in.
    Aidan_Cleary
    Aidan_Cleary

Post  Aidan_Cleary Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:22 pm

Thanks Lana!

I think just posting to this thread should cover it. That way everything stays on the board and we don't need to worry about lost emails or whatever.

Lets face it. Most of us get a lot of emails thanks to Cam crap. I think keeping things to the board should keep things nice and simple.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:00 am