Ad Astra

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Space Iteration

5 posters

Ensign Benson

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Ensign Benson Empty Ensign Benson

Post  Admin Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:03 pm

(Anyone who wants to can jump in on this, Jolan included.)

Johnny's Diner on Alhambra is not crowded at this time of afternoon, but it's also far from empty. Anita Benson, in her civvies, is sitting at a booth alone, sipping a cup of coffee.
    MinPauvre
    MinPauvre

Ensign Benson Empty Re: Ensign Benson

Post  MinPauvre Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:14 pm

Min will arrive with the rest of the crew, taking a careful look about the place for a moment but otherwise simply following along at the moment.

(oc posting so I can actually get reply notifications)
    stareyed
    stareyed

Post  stareyed Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:07 pm

Kit arrives with the crew, and promptly goes to the bar to order a hot chocolate with extra whipped cream. She then hangs aobut, listening but letting the 'adults' do the talking.
    Canatsey
    Canatsey

Post  Canatsey Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Jolan will arrive separately than the rest, having received his Comm from the Captain. He's dressed in his standard extravagant Vosch attire, his left hand bandaged around the knuckles and his face spotting a black eye over his right eye. A small cut on his lip stretches as he smiles slightly when seeing the crew and making his way over to stand next to the Captain.
    Pendragon
    Pendragon

Post  Pendragon Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Cain is all smiles as everyone comes in, clearly playing the part of 'just another' set of folks coming into the diner. The smile does broaden, however, as he sees Jolan, though there's a bit of a glance at the cut on his lip; he doesn't mention it now, however.

As he takes a seat across from Benson, he gives her a bit of a tip of his head.

"Thanks for saving us seats," he says cordially, "I appreciate it, Ms. Benson."

He adds the last, pointedly leaving off her rank given the setting and her lack of uniform.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:43 pm

"My pleasure," Benson replies, nodding greeting to each crew member in turn, regarding Jolan curiously a moment before continuing. "I won't keep you long - I just had some information I thought you might be interested in.

"I was reassigned less than twelve hours after visiting AdEx Facility 145. I received a pay raise, but no explanation for my transfer. In conspiratorial canon, that would indicate they wanted me somewhere they could keep an eye on me, or to remove me from the heart of some dark-ops mission. The only thing is - I have no idea what's going on."

She leans back, shrugging haplessly. "I was told what questions to ask, what data to gather and what deal to broker. I was a go-between. I don't particularly like being set up for a fall. So, I thought I'd meet with you fine people and see if we could work out a deal. If you have a sample of the chemical found on the facility, then I have access to military-grade labs. I want to know what this stuff is."
    Canatsey
    Canatsey

Post  Canatsey Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:43 pm

Jolan stands with Cain, his eyes flirting over to look at Kit for a moment before back to the woman at hand. As she speaks its clear that Jolan has reservations and distrust for her words , but he bites his tongue ad simply makes a tense fist behind his back.

"Captain, are you sure this is the kind of person we want to be dealing with?" He asks lazily, his eyes betraying his distrust of the government official that his small smile does its best to hide.
    Pendragon
    Pendragon

Post  Pendragon Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:42 pm

"Money's money," he replies smoothly, though he does glance at Benson, "though damned if this doesn't sound like a trap. Either for you, or for us."
    MinPauvre
    MinPauvre

Post  MinPauvre Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:07 am

le bump!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:38 pm

(Will get tho this posthaste; this week is insane with the premiere.)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:55 pm

"Just get me a sample. It doesn't need to be the whole of what you have - even a scan of the chemical is fine, if you're that worried," the Ensign replies. "I can have something for you in two, maybe three days. What I really want to do is compare it in the GAF database and see if there are any matches."
    MinPauvre
    MinPauvre

Post  MinPauvre Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Min glances at Archer for his response, a frown on her face for a moment.
    Pendragon
    Pendragon

Post  Pendragon Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:48 am

"We can always try and acquire a sample," Archer replies, "delivery and acquisition is rather what we do. What sort of arrangements are we looking at?"
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:26 am

"Either send a comm to me with the scan, or you can deliver an actual sample to me here on Alhambra. Up to you. I'll sneak it into the lab, shake my butt at a lab tech, get him to break it down and then I'll run it through the databases and see if there's any intel on it." She shrugs. "Best I can offer. It may be for nothing. But something tells me they know damn well what that stuff is."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:05 pm