Ad Astra

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Space Iteration

4 posters

Reality in Space

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Reality in Space Empty Reality in Space

Post  Admin Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:43 pm

I want to start making a wee travel guide here of the places we visit OOC and use for IC locations. I really enjoy spocialing, but we always seem to kinda 'erm' and 'uhm' and fling some IC info at the places we visit. Since next chron will have many more field trips, it'll help us stay immersed if we have well-rounded locales. SO! Without further ado, here're the Places of Spaces.

(All OOC locations are links to web pages for reference.)

~*~

Reality: Disney's Boardwalk Inn
    In-Game: Earth Station West, one of two terran ports for Alhambra. Located in San Francisco, it is done up to resemble Coney Island in the 1920's, and offers restaurants, shops and lounges for guests who are waiting for transport up to the spaceport.

~*~

Reality: Disney's Grand Floridian Hotel
    In-Game: White Sands Protectorate, Prince Edward Island.
    While only two-hundred acres, White Sands is an autonomous collective, successfully seceded from Canada (though still under the Global Administration). Comprised entirely of a population in the top 3% income bracket, White Sands is, prosaic politically-correct babble aside, a Richie Rich Commune. Visitors are welcome, but ONLY as guests of a resident.

~*~

Reality: Kobe Steak House
    In-Game: Ichi Station, Orbiting Horizon 4. Fringe planet and fringe station, Ichi is a Japanese-owned, tiny port that has only a small restaurant, a lounge, two docks, and a back-room supply shop. However, it's clean, lively and the food is the best you can get that far away from Earth. For that reason, people travel from all over the system to eat there - which means it has inadvertently become a hub for information.

~*~

Reality: Fliddler's Green
    In-Game: The Rose and Crown, Slough, Kestral. Over a century and a half old, this colonial pub is in it's fifth generation of family ownership by the Donnely's. It offers traditional Irish fare and a warm, jovial ambiance.

~*~

Reality: Disney's Polynesian Resort
    In-Game: Marapala, New Riviera was so pristine and so pastoral, it was hard to believe it wasn’t man-made. Dreamflight Destinations had stumbled upon it back when they were an independent survey contractor, immediately bought the land (bankrupting themselves for it), changed their business model to a resort company and proceeded to become the largest and wealthiest vacation conglomerate in the galaxy. All because of Marapala, and all with good reason.

~*~

Reality: The Peacock Room
    In-Game: The Peacock Room, New York. A quiet, hip martini bar/art gallery in downtown Manhattan. Known for showcasing undiscovered and under-appreciated artists and drawing a more bohemian crowd.

~*~

Reality: Johnny's Diner
    In-Game: Mertle's is one of the great colonial grease-spoon diners. Located on a freighter refueling depot near Naughtshead, Mertle's serves up cheap, hearty breakfasts and lunches. You want to see salt-of-the-galaxy, this is the place to go. Also, Mertle will hit you with her spatula if you don't clean your plate.

~*~

Reality: Boardwalk Bowl
    In-Game: Cosmic Ray's Starlight Funtainmentplexstravaganza is the galactic Chuck-E-Cheese. Boasting an arcade, snack stand, pool hall, restaurant, bowling, mini-golf and comedy club, this place has everything...except class. Located on Moordred, Ray definitely cornered the recreational market in a small system of colonists.

~*~

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    MinPauvre
    MinPauvre

Reality in Space Empty Re: Reality in Space

Post  MinPauvre Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:00 pm

Oo thank you Haley! Can we add these as we think of them?
    YardleyCole

Reality in Space Empty Erm and Uhm

Post  YardleyCole Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:18 pm

These are great, and will definitely raise the immersion! I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same, but I definitely sympathize with the Erm and Uhm feelings of spocials. It might be a personal thing, but I have a hard time feeling immersed in space and suspending disbelief when we are out and about out of the ship.

Does anyone have any creative ideas that we might be able to reasonably implement outside that might help? Besides lore like this and our jackets, I can't think of much.
    MinPauvre
    MinPauvre

Post  MinPauvre Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:32 am

I think keeping them "dirt side" for a lot of them helps because its like okay, I can play this PC on a planet. I'd still like to figure out something to make the cars more shuttle like
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:27 am

Remember, we changed it up. The Embry-Riddle can enter atmosphere and we have two Rovers. So, we need to make them more...Roverlike?
    MinPauvre
    MinPauvre

Post  MinPauvre Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Oh that's right! Well I imagine that'll make it a bit easier then with all the smart phones and ipads and gps units. Hrm. I'll have to think on those a bit
    Canatsey
    Canatsey

Post  Canatsey Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:38 pm

Maybe to make something more "rover-like" we can add possible seat covers, play mechanical-sounding items from a CD player or purchase cheap child sun screens to put over the windows?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:33 am