Ad Astra

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Space Iteration

5 posters

Ship Decor Ideas

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Ship Decor Ideas Empty Ship Decor Ideas

Post  Admin Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:55 pm

The Embry-Riddle beautification project.
    MinPauvre
    MinPauvre

Ship Decor Ideas Empty Re: Ship Decor Ideas

Post  MinPauvre Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:22 pm

Toss 'em out here folks.

Min's stay on marapala means I'm using some of my sarongs and stuff from Hawaii for my quarters (yay!) - I've been informed she likes light and open spaces so I'll probably get her a little fan of some sort and a light for her side of the room. She's not claustrophobic, just prefers lightness.

General room stuff: I'd like to get some beaded curtains for the front entry way - though I kind of like the black ones. maybe layer them?

Open to other ideas - really I need to shop and wander.
    Pendragon
    Pendragon

Post  Pendragon Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Space Suit: I'd like to see us use the rigged armor, get some pants to do the same to, and a helmet to rig as a space suit. Gogas and I want to take over that small alcove where we have the clip boards currently to make into the single space suit on board the Embry-Riddle.

Lights: I talked with Gogas about this, but mostly putting the running lights up into the alcoves up there in order to hide the wires and use the white walls to create a aura effect.

Bridge: I'd like to see a revamp of the piloting and navops station, replacing them with small desks and live computers with the hyperspin stuff on navops.
    stareyed
    stareyed

Post  stareyed Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:40 pm

I have an idea to lend to the 'homey non-military' feel of the ship.

Chores =)

Not to say that I expect that we'll all be doing chores. But if we are all living star side for an extended amount of time, and there are no military regs saying who does what when, then I figure there are chores that need to be done and some way to fairly divvy them up.

As such I would like to make a 'chores wheel' to go either next to the bins in the kitchen, or in the Mess Hall. Just something simple with names and chores. We can spin it to determine chores for the day, obviously with a little fudging so whoever is cooking actually has cooking duty, ect. I also expect that some chores, such as cleaning the heads, will not actually get done.. but others such as dishes or gathering trash might actually get done IC.
    stareyed
    stareyed

Post  stareyed Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:46 pm

I'd also like to see the bridge reworked some, and the lighting updates with Gogas' running lights already talked about.

I'll be reworking all of the engineering boards, probably with a live laptop with the hyperspin thing on it for engineering.

I'm also going to be drawing on that plastic sheeting I got from Gogas and see if I can make that see through partition between the kitchen and medbay I was thinking about.

The big thing that i'd like to make sure we do is add those homey touches which will make it not a military ship, and show that it is really lived in. I still want it to look like a spaceship, but I'd like to see patterned cloth, beaded curtains, ethnic accents, ect. Heck, I'd even love to see a clothesline up in the crew quarters bathrooms or something.

Can we maybe revisit the idea of a small hydroponics bay? maybe in the master bathroom? living on ship means access to fresh veggies is not only a wonderful thing, but possibly also a lucrative sideline.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:37 pm

What about doing the hydroponics in the master tub itself?

I realize I often sneak a bath in during naptimes, but I am totally willing to forego that in favor of a wee garden.

I suggest we do fake plants, just because after Space I am almost 100% certain I will not be able to keep any plants alive. I have no green thumb whatsoever. But we can dress it up really neat, and even hang some scenery posters of a foresty or gardeny nature on the walls.
    stareyed
    stareyed

Post  stareyed Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:43 pm

I was thinking around the ledge of the tub and possibly any patches of unused floor or counter. (that way the bath is still free, or at most you need to move one or two plants)

Definately fake plants. I tried doing live ones for 'hydroponics' on the derlict when josh and I hosted at our place... and that didn't work so well (unless you count the fact that the plants i got on discount were already half dead by game thus lending to the neglected feel...)
    YardleyCole

Ship Decor Ideas Empty Re: chores

Post  YardleyCole Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:44 am

I like the idea of having specific chores on the ship. Maybe we can alleviate poor Andrew from constantly being on trash duty all weekend.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content