January's Projects

Admin
    Admin

January's Projects

Post  Admin on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:21 am

Post here about what we'd like to try for January. So far I have:

1. Ceiling covers/mesh fencing
    2. Fiber-optic portholes

I know there was more, but I'm drawing a blank.
    Canatsey

Re: January's Projects

Post  Canatsey on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:02 pm

I'd like to spruce of hydroponics and crew quarters myself. Hydroponics was nice, but I think it could be even better and I'd like to see crew quarters have a more personal feel in each bunk.
    Aidan_Cleary

Post  Aidan_Cleary on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:04 pm

Crew Quarters was put together rather last minute, especially the space for Jolan since he originally wasn't going to be in crew quarters. We can certainly add in a little bit more customization (getting safety pins and adding stuff to the sheets or something) but unfortunately we are somewhat limited in terms of the customization we can do.

The problem is that Crew Quarters needs to be easily broken down (thus the easy to move dividers instead of something more sturdy) in case the ST staff (Haley, me, and Gogas for this next game) need to use the space for plot reasons. Our bedroom is the only real room that can "convert" for plot purposes.

We can thus pin some stuff up, and maybe put some small bits here and there in every person's area. However, anything beyond that is really not possible I'm afraid.

We are thus limited in scope in terms of changes. If we need a big room for something plot related everything in crew quarters needs to be able to be moved very quickly against the wall and out of the way.

Hydroponics - We are also limited in terms of what we can do since we also have to use it as a functional bathroom. However, I think two cheap small lamps equipped with green lightbulbs could change the mood of the room well without getting in the way of function. We can just keep the main lights off and stick to just the green the whole time. Plus, it will create a nice new different color for the room.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:32 pm

Hydroponics could use some sprucing. Maybe some hanging plants, a few 'specimen' jars/containers for exotic plant life, that sort of thing. It was tossed together somewhat last-minute.

Crew quarters - I suggest uniform material/cloth for the dividers, maybe with a cool pattern or design. Again, it was both a last minute and lack of funds issue - we had to get sheets from GoodWill. I'd also like to try and give each bunk at least a couple feet of wall space for you guys to hang or pin personal bits.

The four of you - Jolan, Aidan, Hector and Baxter - are also welcome to invest in your own bedding. The sheet sets we got were, again, for a military ship. No reason you can't have your own sheets, and twin sets are cheap as Hell at WalMart.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:04 am