A New Space Iteration

A Visit to the Bishop

Admin
    Admin

A Visit to the Bishop

Post  Admin on Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:08 pm

In the Curia, one of the young priests on clerical duty informs Bishop Cleary that he has a visitor. "A Ms. Andromeda," he says. "She said that she can return later if you're busy."

It is the first time, to Aiden's knowledge, Meda has left the Oubliette in at least two decades.
    Aidan_Cleary

Re: A Visit to the Bishop

Post  Aidan_Cleary on Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:58 pm

"No, please tell her that I will meet her in my office shortly. Please take her there and get her tea or whatever else she may want."

Bishop Cleary finishes whatever task he was in the middle of doing and then heads to his office.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Andromeda is waiting for him, and rises as he enters. There is a tea-cart with a nice spread of food and drink on it, and a teacup in front of the place she'd been sitting.

"Aidan," she greets with the familiarity of a very long friendship. "I wanted to come and see you before you left."
    Aidan_Cleary

Post  Aidan_Cleary on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:39 pm

"Meda, it's so good to see you. It's been far too long."

Aidan comes in and closes the door behind him. He then walks over and sits behind his desk.

"I have to admit that I'm incredibly surprised to see you though. I appreciate the sentiment of course."

Aidan pauses a moment, and then continues.

"However,I don't need to be telepathic to know that you must have something important to discuss."

Aidan smiles at his old friend.

"You aren't exactly known for your love of travel."
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:41 pm

"I just wanted to ask you about your plans," Meda says. "Miss Dia visited me, and then told me you'd agreed to sign aboard her ship...beyond that, I really don't know anything. And," she pauses. "Well, I wanted to ask you to forgive me...for telling her about your past. I don't have any excuse for breaking that confidence, beyond just saying that I did what I thought was best. As soon as she mentioned buying the ship, I knew you should travel with her."
    Aidan_Cleary

Post  Aidan_Cleary on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:36 pm

Aidan laughs softly.

"I must admit I was a little surprised at her source. However, she is a very persuasive woman so maybe I shouldn't be that surprised."

Aidan pauses a moment.

"Besides, you are generally an excellent judge of character. As you said, I'm sure you thought you were doing the right thing. I think in this instance I will find the grace to forgive you."

Another smile for his old friend.

"How did you know I would travel with her though? I was very torn on the issue. I am leaving the life that I had to fight so hard to gain back."

A serious look of doubt crosses Aidan's face.

"Am I doing the right thing here Meda or am I just being a foolish old man trying to squeeze one last bit of adventure into my life before I join God's kingdom?"

Another pause. It is obvious that speaking on the subject is upsetting Aidan.

"I don't doubt very often. I usually can see God's plan for me. However, I am doubting the wisdom of this decision. I believe these people need help. I truly do. However, I'm not sure that I am the right man for the job."
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:13 pm

"I think, sometimes, what you want and what God wants synch up," the Ghost replies. "Don't discard an idea just because it seems exciting, Aidan. I think this is a very good thing. And I think 'these people' can be as much a help to you as you to them."
    Aidan_Cleary

Post  Aidan_Cleary on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:04 pm

Aidan simply looks at his friend for a few seconds and then nods.

"You're probably right. I think I'm just a little worried that things will be a little too exciting."

Aidan shakes his head.

"The ship's head of security seems rather...well, psychotic, and it also appears that the captain isn't a big fan of Catholics. It could just be religion in general. I'm really not sure."

Aidan laughs very softly.

"I'm also supposed to be acting as a tutor to the ship's young mechanic. I have obviously taught various subjects in the past. However, we both know that religious studies are my specialty. I have never been fantastic at teaching the more concrete subjects."

Aidan shakes his head and then laughs again.

"I think I just figured it out. I'm nervous. I'm old and after many years of hard work I'm now secure in my comfort zone. However, very soon I'm going to violently leave my comfort zone behind and go off into the unknown. The idea is exciting but also quite frightening."

Aidan shakes his head and then very gently pours himself a cup of tea. He offers to refill Meda's cup.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:21 am