A New Space Iteration

Personal Project List

Admin
    Admin

Personal Project List

Post  Admin on Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Reply here with your individual projects, so we don't have two people tackling the same thing simultaneously.

For instance - Gogas, here's the place to talk about your entryway PVC idea.
    stareyed

Re: Personal Project List

Post  stareyed on Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:45 pm

I am all over engineering like white on rice

YardleyCole

The entryway and nav / comm ops

Post  YardleyCole on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:42 am

When we were eating cake during last game, I was pondering what we could do with the huge cloning chamber that is almost seven feet tall. We could always cut it into smaller pieces and re-purpose the PVC pipe and connections, but I had an idea.

Imagine taking that cloning chamber and covering the left wall and ceiling of it in cardboard. Then put it into the entryway of the house. Then cut a big oval hole in the left wall cardboard, and get some hinges to make an actual rotating door out of it. Fit some big handles to it, and you have what looks to be a big working porthole that you can use to actually enter the rest of the ship with, sort of like the metal doors of submarines. It will really feel like an air lock of sorts, and will be way cooler than the curtain we have been using all this time.

If we don't make other pipe connections on the bottom and right sides, then the garage door and front door aren't blocked at all. The indentation where the CD player sits won't be blocked, either. Also, if we need to move something big from the garage or into the house, we can just move the entire cloning chamber out and then put it back since it will still be pretty light.

I'm also going to make cool Hyperspin interfaces for both nav ops and comm ops. I'm not sure what those will be just yet, but hopefully something cool.
    Pendragon

Post  Pendragon on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:09 am

I am financing Gogas' space suit project. Very Happy

YardleyCole

Space suit case

Post  YardleyCole on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:38 pm

Because of our poor financial state, we only probably have one space suit. Jake will be getting matching pants for the suit, and i'll build some kind of cool display for it in the front room where the clipboards are. We could re-ppurpose the red EL wire in it for something else, but it took a lot of time to thread it into the holes of the suit, so maybe it should just stay there.
    Pendragon

Post  Pendragon on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Gogas,

If you're willing, leave the red wire in the upper suit, and maybe thread two lines into each leg of the pants to create a unified look?

Or if not, we totally could've hodge podged our space suit and cobbled a top from one and a pants from another.
    Aidan_Cleary

Post  Aidan_Cleary on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:47 pm

Keep the wire in it for sure.

I agree with Jake. I think putting some wire into the pants would be cool. Some kind of red lights on the helmet would also be neat looking.

It would be cool to have the moment of putting you into the suit and then having someone activate the suit and have all of the lights activate.

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:10 pm

My personal project - portholes.

I would like at least one in each room, maybe two in crew quarters. Like the one we hang in the foyer alcove.

Not sure how I'll make 'em, but I'll make 'em. We need windows looking out at the stars.
    MinPauvre

Post  MinPauvre on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:59 pm

I have some ideas on how to do those Haley if you want to talk.
    I'm doing the hyperspin for med bay and all my tools for there.

Gogas I love the idea for the entryway - do we want to maybe look for some light/cheap material instead of cardboard for the doors that might hold up better? Home depot run to look around as part of shopping?

I sort of expect everyone will work on (or ask for) their stuff for their characters for their quarters.

OH and I'm going to order new name plaques - real ones - from Dragonfire.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:54 am